This project looked at how a modified Grade II listed ‘manor house’ dating from 1916 could be revitalised. A continuous process of alteration had occurred over a century of use resulting in a muddled layout and makeshift appearance.
The challenge was to repurpose the building whilst maintaining and enhancing the buildings original design spirit. HK’s primary proposal involves repositioning the main entrance to bring it on axis and provide proper accessibility to the public. A new section of facade repairs previous interventions and internal layouts are simplified to provide space suitable to modern use.